I’ve got the weekend to myself, thanks to my parents. Otherwise I’d be checking out the miniature show listed below. What are you doing this weekend with your kids? Please tell us in the comments! Still looking for something? Keep reading.
Saturday, June 22
- The Brevard Zoo is open late (till 9 p.m.!) for its Summer Saturday Nights program, and it’s only $6 per person after 5 p.m. There’s a special animal encounter at 7 p.m., and the Paws on Lagoon water-play area is open till 7:30 p.m. Kayaking, train rides and giraffe feeding (our fave!) will also be available for an extra charge. Cost: $6 after 5 p.m. Click here for other prices. Address: 8225 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne. Phone: 321-254-9453.
- Orlando City Soccer Club takes on the Brazilian Fluminense Football Club at the Citrus Bowl. Cost: Seating is limited, and the tickets left start around $35. Address: Florida Citrus Bowl, Orlando. Phone: 407-478-4007.
- It’s the final weekend for the Angry Birds Space Encounter at the Kennedy Space Center in Brevard County. Seven interactive exhibits include creating your own custom Angry Bird on a computer, a mirror maze, tile puzzles and the “Eggsteroid Slingshot” where you can launch birds at pigs for points. The exhibit opens at 9 a.m. Cost: KSC Visitor Complex admission prices include entry to the Angry Birds exhibit: 2 for $80; 3 for $112.50 and 4 for $140. Click here for more pricing info. Address: State Road 405, Kennedy Space Center Phone: 866-768-2167.
- Looking for something fun and free? Always check the listings at the Orlando Public Library or the library closest to your home. We found this event that sounds like balls of fun! Learn to juggle and clown around during Big Top Blast at the Winter Park Public Library from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Grace Brett, Director of the Orlando Youth Circus, will teach the basics to kids in first through fourth grades. Register here. Address: 460 E. New England Ave., Winter Park. Phone: 407-623-3300.
Sunday, June 23
- Lunch and a movie? The NeverEnding Story is the Enzian Theater’s Peanut Butter Matinee Family Film. The classic 1984 fantasy classic starts at noon. Cost: $5 per person. Address:1300 S. Orlando Ave., Orlando. Phone: 407-629-0054. FYI: The Enzian offers free kid-flick screenings Mondays through Thursdays this summer. Check that schedule here.)
- If your kid is into all things small, hop in your car and head to the 28th annual Dollhouse & Miniatures Show & Sale at the Lakeland Airport Hilton Garden Inn from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. They’ll be plenty of tiny treasures plus a free workshop for kids ages 6 to 12. Cost: $6 for adults and $1 for kids. Address: 3839 Don Emerson Drive, Lakeland. Phone: 863-646-1354
- Feeling festive? Make your way to the third annual Caribbean American Heritage Month Festival at Lake Eola Park from noon to 8 p.m. Your kids will delight in watching Chinese dragon races and Indian and African dance and listening to live bands and steel drums. Bring your appetite and take your tot on a culinary tour of the Caribbean. Cost: Free! Address: Lake Eola Park, downtown Orlando. Phone: 407-810-6435.